Heating Installation & Services
Starting your day with a cold shower or waking up to a cold house because your heating system stopped working is not ideal but happens from time to time. If faced with an emergency, Doug, the owner of Sinclair’s Home Heating, can help. He has provided oil burner and furnace repair for more than 30 years.
We provide you with excellent service and quality repair work. He thoroughly evaluates your system repair needs and finds the best solution to help make your home as comfortable and energy-efficient as possible. In addition, we address any questions and concerns you may have.
Having us clean and service your system yearly reduces the likelihood of a breakdown in the middle of the night on the coldest day of the year. Regular tune-ups help your equipment run more efficiently, ensuring your heating system operates safely and reliably. In addition, it saves you money on your energy bills.
A typical tune-up may include:
- A visual inspection of the entire heating system
- Vacuum and clean heating surfaces
- Check flue pipe and chimney flue to be sure it is clean and in good condition.
- Vacuum flue pipe as needed
- Clean all burner parts, including the air fan and housing, ignition electrodes, and burner head
- Replacement of fuel and air filters
- Bleed all air from the fuel system
- Seal air leaks around the burner and heat exchanger
- Adjust the burner for its highest efficiency
- Start and stop the burner several times to ensure satisfactory operations
- Inspect the oil tank
Please call our office to schedule your tune-up.
Occasionally customers experience problems with their equipment that requires immediate attention. If you require emergency service after our regular business hours (Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm), please contact our office.
Leave a detailed message about your no-heat situation. Doug or Shelly will get back to you ASAP. We do have an after-hours service call fee and a minimum overtime one-hour labor charge for calls being tended to during those hours and on holidays.
Before you call, please check the following to help us serve you better:
- Do you have oil in your tank?
- Have you lost power recently, and an electrical breaker is tripped? If so, reset it.
- Is your Emergency Switch, the switch with the red faceplate, in the “off” position? If so, turn it on.
- Is your thermostat in the heat position and set to the desired heat setting?
- Is your thermostat digital? If so, please change the batteries. This can also be the cause of part of your house being too hot.
- Press the reset button on your furnace or boiler on time only.
These tips are general recommendations. Sinclair’s Home Heating cannot be responsible for any damage or injury caused by following these recommendations. If you are unsure of what to do or what is wrong, please contact us.
Oil Tank Removal or Replacement
We can remove completely or replace old oil tanks from your premises. Oil tank removals require an onsite evaluation to determine the cost of removal. Each tank removal is handled on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us to schedule your estimate.
Doug is trained, knowledgeable, and experienced in installing many brands and models of equipment. Whether you have a hot air furnace or hot water boiler, we have the best, most efficient equipment to meet your needs. He can also replace your water heater.
Your equipment will be installed expertly and perform according to the manufacturer’s specifications. Doug is always mindful of keeping the area clean and tidy. He also removes and properly disposes of old equipment.